The Warren County Conservation Board has built the Annett Nature Center and Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion to serve as an outdoor recreation and environmental education hub for the citizens of Warren County, Iowa, and its friends and neighbors. This is the primary purpose of the ANC. As the ANC is not used everyday or evening, the Warren County Conservation Board is pleased to make the ANC and the Pavilion available for private use when it is not fulfilling its recreational and educational mandates.
Interested in renting the ANC for your family gathering, wedding, birthday party, or another event? Call (515) 961-6169 for details and availability. We do not take reservations via email or Facebook.
The ANC has a full kitchen with serving window into a 25′ x 41′ multipurpose room, a 16′ x 16′ lobby, and restroom facilities indoors, a 48′ x 40′ deck off of the open room, the Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion, and spacious grounds surrounding the building.
The multipurpose room will accommodate approximately eighty people seated for dinner.
The fully equipped kitchen with a serving window is available for all rentals. The Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion has a gas grill that guests can use (guests need to provide propane). You can also cater in, using the caterer of your choice.
The Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion and the large, tiered deck will seat over one hundred and provides a multitude of outdoor possibilities.
Surrounding Park grounds provide beautiful views as well as a great area for outdoor dining and playing.
Room capacities for fire code purposes is: 146 for main room and 37 for the lobby.
Parking for at least 43 vehicles is available and the facility is fully accessible to the handicapped.
The WCCB also has two small and one very large grill available for rent. Ask for details.
Conditions of use
- Rentals are only for the day(s) specified on the contract signature page. You many not set up or store items at the ANC the day before rental date. Clean up must be done before your rental is over.
- Rental privileges can be revoked.
- Weekday rentals at the Annett Nature Center begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Smoking is prohibited inside and on any portion of the grounds of the Annett Nature Center.
- Under no circumstances will any staples, pins, nails, or other fasteners be placed on the walls, woodwork, deck of the Annett Nature Center, or any portion of the Pavilion. All such penetrations will be charged to the renter as damage to the facility.
- No fake flower petals, confetti, or other small artificial decorations.
- Open flames of any kind, including candles, are not allowed except in the fire ring or fireplace of the Pavilion.
- No motor vehicle may be operated off of the established roadways.
- Renter is responsible for making arrangements to pick up a key.
- Renter is responsible for all clean up. Cleanup will be done the same calendar day as the rental.
- Renter agrees to use wall panels in the Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion within the provided guidelines and accepts financial responsibility for any damage occurring from said use. User also acknowledges that failure to properly store panels after use will result in forfeiture of damage deposit. PANELS MAY NOT BE LEFT IN DOWN POSITION.
- Fee: $750.00 per calendar day, non-refundable.
- Payment is due with in 14 days of reservation. Damage deposit is due within 90 days or day of booking which ever is nearer the rental date.
- A rental not confirmed by timely payment will be cancelled.
- Rental fees are non-refundable. Only damage deposits will be refunded in the event of a cancellation.
- Friends of Warren County Conservation with a membership level of at least Benefactor level ($150/year) are entitled to one (1) rental day per year at a 50% reduction from the normal rate.
- The WCCB may allow use by non-profit conservation organizations and service groups at the cost of utilities and cleaning supplies (as determined by the WCCB). The WCCB will determine if a group qualifies, and users are responsible for cleanup. In order to allow the free scheduling of school field trips, no dates in April, May, or September are eligible for this type of use.
- A minimum damage deposit of $1000.00 will be left with the Warren County Conservation Board as security against any damage caused during rental. Higher deposits may be required at the discretion of the conservation board. The amount of the deposit in no way limits the monetary amount of damages that the renter may be responsible for. This will be determined by the actual cost of cleanup and/or repair of damage in materials and time (time will be charged in one-hour increments at $25/hour). Damage to any equipment or supplies of the Warren County Conservation Board will be included in any damages assessed to the renter. Deposit checks are shredded after satisfactory cleanup is completed. For return of deposit checks, renter must supply stamped, self-addressed envelope.In addition, the renter will be required to provide liability and liquor liability insurance with limits no less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence and $2,000,000.00 aggregate. This policy will need to name Warren County as an additional insured and a copy of the policy will need to be provided to the County for review by the County’s attorney and insurance agent prior to rental. Proof of insurance will be due within 90 days of reservation.
- Alcohol is allowed at rentals of the Annett Nature Center under the following conditions:
- The renter MUST declare prior to the rental if alcohol will be present at the rental. Failure to notify the Warren County Conservation Board of the presence of alcohol prior to the rental will result in the forfeiture of the damage deposit.
- Renters must observe all laws of the State of Iowa regarding consumption of alcohol. Violation of state code with regard to alcohol consumption will result in expulsion from the area, revocation of rental privileges, and forfeiture of deposit.
- Beer and wine are the only alcoholic beverages allowed.
To view the complete rental policy, Click Here