The Friends of Warren County Conservation is offering two $1,000 scholarships per year. Applicants must be a graduate from a high school in Warren County, Iowa and majoring in a field of study related to conservation, natural resources, or environmental education.
Overview or Purpose:
The Friends of Warren County Conservation Board is a non-profit, volunteer organization that is committed to supporting the Warren County Conservation Board. In our efforts to support the education of students in pursuit of related careers, we are offering two scholarships, each valued at $1000.00. The scholarship payments will be made directly to the college or university in the name of the student. This money is to be used for tuition.
- Graduate of a high school in Warren County, Iowa
- Entering sophomore, junior or senior year at an accredited college or university
- Be a full-time student majoring in Conservation, Natural Resources, Environment or a related field of study.
- Must have average or above-average scholastic standing.
A Completed Application Includes:
- Completed Application Summary (2 pages)
- Scholarship application questions and responses
- Copy of college transcript
- Two letters of recommendation:
- From someone who knows you personally outside of the academic setting
- from a faculty member in your field of study
Applications will be scored by committee.
Deadline for application submission is December 31 of any year. All applicants will receive a response to their application no later than April 1 of the following year.
Download the application here