Date(s) - 08/08/2020
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Annett Nature Center
**Covid-19 Updates-At this time we are still planning on offering this event. Please read the following guidelines that will be implemented for everyones safety prior to registering:
- A mask is highly recommended and required when social distancing is not possible. Social distancing should be practiced whenever possible.
- The restrooms, tables and benches will be sanitized right before the program and immediately after.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided.
- All activities will be held outside, the ANC will be closed. Trails are open for hiking at your leisure.
- Some tables may be blocked off to ensure social distancing.
- One family per table at a time.
- No snacks or water will be provided, please plan according.
- If you are feeling sick, traveled in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who is sick or has been sick in the last 14 days, please do not attend.
- If you are someone at high risk we do not recommend you attend this event at this time.
So you got your pheasant/deer/turkey, now what? Come out to the Annett Nature Center and learn about the techniques of butchering the animal to get the most out of it to fill your freezer. This will be a learning and hands on program. We will have professionals with the Iowa DNR and Milo Locker here to teach these important skills.
This program is geared towards adults and due for the safety measures with the nature of this program, participants must be 16 years or older.
Please be aware that clothing might get dirty, and bring your questions for the professionals that will be leading this opportunity.
The cost is $15 per person to help cover materials costs. You will get to take the meat you butcher home with you. Registration is required by July 31st, and space is limited but there is a minimum of 5 participants required to hold this event.
Bookings are closed for this event.