The Warren County Conservation Board has built the Annett Nature Center and Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion to serve as an outdoor recreation and environmental education hub for the citizens of Warren County, Iowa and its friends and neighbors. The Warren County Conservation Board is pleased to make the Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion available for private use when it is not fulfilling its recreational and educational mandates.
If you are interested in renting the pavilion for your family gathering, wedding, birthday party or other event, call (515) 961-6169 for details and availability. We do not take reservations via email or Facebook.
The Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion is located at 15565 118th Ave., Indianola, IA 50125. Facilities included in LDMP rental:
- 18 6′ wooden tables with 2 benches each
- a 48′ x 40′ deck off the back of the Annett Nature Center
- Modern Restrooms
- Spacious grounds surrounding the building
- Parking for at least 43 vehicles is available
- The facility is fully accessible to the handicapped
- Rentals are only for the day(s) specified on the contract signature page.
- You many not set up or store items at the ANC the day before rental date.
- Clean up must be done before your rental is over.
- Rental privileges can be revoked.
- Weekday rentals at the Annett Nature Center begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Smoking is prohibited inside and on any portion of the grounds of the Annett Nature Center.
- Under no circumstances will any staples, pins, nails, or other fasteners be placed on the walls, woodwork, deck of the Annett Nature Center, or any portion of the Pavilion. All such penetrations will be charged to the renter as damage to the facility.
- No fake flower petals, confetti, or other small artificial decorations.
- No candles or other open flames are allowed except in the fire ring or fireplace of the Pavilion.
- No motor vehicle may be operated off of the established roadways.
- Renter is responsible for making arrangements to pick up a key.
- Renter is responsible for all clean up. Cleanup will be done the same calendar day as the rental.
- Renter agrees to use wall panels in the Lester Davison Memorial Pavilion within the provided guidelines and accepts financial responsibility for any damage occurring from said use. User also acknowledges that failure to properly store panels after use will result in forfeiture of damage deposit. PANELS MAY NOT BE LEFT IN DOWN POSITION.
- $100.00 Monday through Thursday
- $200.00 Friday
- $300.00 Saturday and Sunday
- Rental Fee is non-refundable and is due within fourteen-day (14) of making the rental contract.
- Damage deposit of $200.00 (see damage deposit below) is due ninety-days (90) prior to the rental or at the time of booking, whichever is nearer the date of rental.
- Payment must be accompanied by a signed rental agreement.
- A rental not confirmed by timely payment will be cancelled.
- Cancellation of a rental by the renter requires a sixty-day notice prior to the date of the rental. If notice is not received, damage deposits will be refunded, but rental fees will be forfeited.
- Friends of Warren County Conservation with a membership level of at least Benefactor level ($50/year) are entitled to one (1) rental day per year at a $100.00 reduction from the normal rate.
- The WCCB may allow use by non-profit conservation organizations and service groups at the cost of utilities and cleaning supplies (as determined by the WCCB). The WCCB will determine if a group qualifies, and users are responsible for cleanup.
- In order to allow the free scheduling of school field trips, no dates in April, May, or September are eligible for this type of use.
A minimum damage deposit of $200.00 will be left with the Warren County Conservation Board as security against any damage caused during rental. Higher deposits may be required at the discretion of the conservation board. The amount of the deposit in no way limits the monetary amount of damages that the renter may be responsible for. This will be determined by the actual cost of cleanup and/or repair of damage in materials and time (time will be charged in one-hour increments at $25/hour). Damage to any equipment or supplies of the Warren County Conservation Board will be included in any damages assessed to the renter. Deposit checks are shredded after satisfactory cleanup is completed. For return of deposit checks, renter must supply stamped, self-addressed envelope.
In addition, the renter will be required to provide liability and liquor liability insurance with limits no less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence and $2,000,000.00 aggregate. This policy will need to name Warren County as an additional insured and a copy of the policy will need to be provided to the County for review by the County’s attorney and insurance agent prior to rental. Proof of insurance will be due within 14 days of reservation.
Alcohol is allowed at rentals of the Annett Nature Center under the following conditions:
- The renter MUST declare prior to the rental if alcohol will be present at the rental. Failure to notify the Warren County Conservation Board of the presence of alcohol prior to the rental will result in the forfeiture of the damage deposit.
- All laws of the State of Iowa regarding consumption of alcohol will be strictly observed. Violation of state code with regard to alcohol consumption will result in expulsion from the area, revocation of rental privileges, and forfeiture of deposit.
- Beer and wine are the only alcoholic beverages allowed.
To view the complete rental policy, Click Here