Date(s) - 07/19/2020
2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Annett Nature Center
Category(ies) No Categories
This event has been cancelled due to not enough participants registered. 7/17/20
Covid-19 Updates-At this time we are still planning on offering this event. Due to Covid-19 we have made the following guidelines for your safety during this event:
- All participants and staff are required to where a mask during portions of the event, where social distancing may be difficult. (Ex. introduction, sharing circle etc.)
- Sharing circle will not involve any sharing pieces touched by another person. Social distancing will be implemented.
- Sit mats and chairs will be sanitized before and after the event. Participants are welcome to provide their own. Hand sanitizer will be provided for use.
- Participants should bring a light snack and water or other beverage.
- A tea will be prepared and discussed as part of the tea cermony, however, tea will only be shared with the land.
- If you are feeling sick, traveled in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who is sick or has been sick in the last 14 days, please do not attend.
- If you are someone at high risk we do not recommend you attend this event at this time.
- A small bag of sample essential oils will be prepared prior to the event for each particapant by a gloved staff member.
Immerse yourself in nature and experience the benefits of being fully present in the medicine of the forest. Essential oils will be incorporated to support wellness, focus, and relaxation during your walk.
This gentle walk offers a rich experience in nature that can improve mood and boost creativity. Shinrin-yoku or forest therapy offers researched based health benefits such as lowered blood pressure, decreased anxiety, and improved cognitive functioning.
This event will be lead by a Certified Association of Nature & Forest Therapy Guide. The cost is $20 per person and space is limited. Please register by July 17,2020.If you need to cancel please call 515-961-6169 so someone else may join.
Bookings are closed for this event.