Date(s) - 07/11/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
This event has been cancelled due to not enough participants registered. 7/9/20
Covid-19 Updates-At this time we are still planning on offering this event. Due to Covid-19 we have made the following guidelines for your safety during this event:
- All participants and staff are required to where a mask during portions of the event, where social distancing may be difficult. (Ex. introduction, sharing circle etc.)
- Sharing circle will not involve any sharing pieces touched by another person. Social distancing will be implemented.
- Sit mats and chairs will be sanitized before and after the event. Participants are welcome to provide their own. Hand sanitizer will be provided for use.
- Participants should bring a light snack and water or other beverage.
- A tea will be prepared and discussed as part of the tea cermony, however, tea will only be shared with the land.
- If you are feeling sick, traveled in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who is sick or has been sick in the last 14 days, please do not attend.
- If you are someone at high risk we do not recommend you attend this event at this time.
Warren County Conservation and Indianola Parks & Recreation will be hosting a nature & forest therapy guided walk. We invite you to unplug, slow down, and experience mindfulness in nature. This gentle three-hour walk will focus on using all your senses to explore Buxton Park. A certified guide with the Association of Nature And Forest Therapy will lead you through nature explorations. This walk is based on Shinrin-yoku or forest therapy that can provide many positive health benefits such as lowered blood pressure, decreased anxiety, increased focus, relaxation, and a connection with nature.
Please come prepared by wearing comfortable walking shoes and dress in layers for the weather. You might want to bring a light snack and drinking water. A small backpack, sunscreen, and bug repellent may be useful. You are welcome to bring a mat to sit on or small camping chair. There will be small sit mats available for use. We will hike if there is light rain, so bring rain gear. Please meet at the gazebo. This program is geared towards those 16 and up. No pets.
The cost is $20 per person which will be shared between Indianola Parks & Recreation and Friends of Warren County Conservation. Registration is required by July 9, 2020. There is limited space and a minimum of 4 participants is required to host this walk. If you need to cancel please call 515-961-6169 so someone else may join.
Bookings are closed for this event.