Date(s) - 06/27/2020
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Annett Nature Center
Category(ies) No Categories
Covid-19 Update: To help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and provide a safe event for participants and volunteers we are implementing the following guidelines. Please read prior to the event. Thank you for working with us to keep everyone safe while supporting conservation efforts in your backyard.
- Shoppers, staff, and volunteers are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing whenever possible.
- A hand sanitizing station will be provided.
- The plant tables will be spread out and one way around the circle drive.
- Please wait your turn in line to prevent over crowding at tables.
- If you are feeling sick, traveled in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who is sick or has been sick in the last 14 days, please do not attend.
- If you are someone at high risk we do not recommend you attend this event at this time.
Friends of Warren County Conservation will be hosting their annual native plant sale. Spruce up your landscaping with some native plants that the pollinators will love. There will be lots of native prairie and woodland plants available to choose from.
A few favorites are include a variety of milkweeds, purple coneflower, White Indigo, Prairie dropseed, New England Aster, Goldenrod, Coreopsis, Blazing Star,Columbine, Jack-in-the pulpit, and many more. Quantities are limited. All proceeds from the plant sale will benefit Warren County Conservation Board educational programming.
Examples of species available:
Butterfly milkweed, marsh milkweed, prairie milkweed, common milkweed, purple prairie clover, pale purple coneflower, leadplant, compass plant, blue indigo, white indigo, cream indigo, smooth blue aster, New England Aster, wild quinine, white aster, smooth penstemon, large flowered beardstongue, blue vervain, purple coneflower, prairie dock, Maryland senna, sides-oats grama, prairie dropseed, and Culver’s root. Quantities are limited.